During each semester, SGA allocates funds to student organizations hosting an event or program within that same semester.
The Fall Funding process is only open to student organizations hosting a program or event during the fall semester.
Only student organizations chartered with and recognized by Student Developmental Services are eligible for organizational funding.
***Please thoroughly read through both the Funding Priorities and Guidelines before filling out the application below***
- Requests that positively contribute to campus life
- Requests that make worthwhile opportunities available to students that would not otherwise be possible
- Requests that provide leadership opportunities for students
- Activities that bring recognition to TCU
***SGA cannot reimburse purchases made after 30 days of the original date!***
***If you are bringing a vendor on campus to provide a service, a contract is needed. Contracts take at least two weeks for TCU to process. If organizations want funding towards contracts, they must apply and present at least two weeks before the expenses are incurred!***
- All SGA sponsored events should be free for all TCU undergraduate students to attend.
- However, certain exceptions can be made.
- SGA does not pay for travel and lodging expenses (with the exclusion of sports clubs). SGA will review requests as they bring recognition to TCU.
- SGA cannot fund direct monetary contributions to charities.
- However, SGA can fund events designed to raise money for charity if the event is free for students to attend.
- SGA does not fund scholarships for student organization dues.
- SGA does not pay for individual collectibles such as gift cards, prizes, awards, or T-shirts.
- However, requests for said items will be considered on a case by case basis.
- SGA cannot pay for software.
Please review full SGA Funding Guidelines BEFORE applying
Organizational Funding Process
- Organizations must first complete an online application.
- The FALL application will open at 5:00 PM on September 5th.
- The FALL application will close at 5:00 PM on November 21st.
- Organizations will then be contacted by the Finance Committee Chair, Morgan Williams, in order to set up a presentation time.
- The Chair will assign a presentation time and place based on the next availability. If the assigned presentation time does not work, the organizations’ representatives must notify the Chair. Failure to quickly respond to the Chair’s message will result in a delayed date and time.
- Organizations will then present in front of the Finance Committee.
- It is encouraged that presentations are given by the organizations’ officers.
- Presenters must arrive on time and bring all necessary materials, including an up to date bank statement.
- Access to PowerPoint will be provided.
- Immediately after each organization presents, there will then be a five minute question and answer.
- The organizations’ representatives will then leave and the Finance Committee will deliberate.
- Organizations will be contacted within 48 hours notifying them of their awarded amount.
- It is encouraged that presentations are given by the organizations’ officers, any member(s) of the organization can deliver the presentations.
- Presenters must arrive on time and bring all necessary materials, including an up to date bank statement. Access to PowerPoint will be provided.
- After organizations are allocated funds, they must then meet with the Treasurer to discuss next steps. These informational meetings should last no longer than 15 minutes. More information will be provided upon allocation.
THE PRESENTATION should address basic organizational information (current account balance, number of members in the organization, explanation of the organization), as well as the particular need for funding (details regarding the event or reason for funding). This presentation should last no longer than five minutes.
**In order to be able to claim their awarded amount, organizations must directly follow the instructions outlined in the award email. For more information, see below.**
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Body Treasurer, Cara Doil. Instructions on how to correctly claim your funding can be found below.