Student Organization Funding
Each semester, the SGA Finance Committee allocates funding to support student organizations hosting events or programs within that same semester. In order to be eligible for Student Organization Funding, organizations must be recognized and in good standing with the Office of Student Organizations. For more information, please reference the tabs below and download a copy of the 2019-2020 SGA Funding Guidelines. Questions should be directed to Finance Chair My Nguyen.
Funding Updates Related to COVID-19
as of March 13 at 12:32 am CST
With the University extending Spring Break and moving classes online through APril 3, 2020, SGA is making the following adjustments to our Funding Guidelines and Allocation procedures.
- Purchases made BEFORE March 13, 2020 using funds awarded to your organization by SGA will be reimbursed regardless of the status or original date of your event.
- Please refrain from making purchases for events being held after April 3 until closer to your event date.
- Events being held between now and April 3, 2020and funded by SGA should be canceled or re-scheduled to after April 3, 2020. Please notify vendors and facilities of your cancelation/re-schedule ASAP. If a vendor wants to speak to a representative of TCU, please reach out to Pam Hughes or Kim Turner and we will assist you in this interface. Our goal is to minimize the amount of money lost during this time. However, organizations will not be penalized should a vendor refuse to cancel or reschedule and demand payment – SGA will honor your award money.
- SGA will honor your award money for the approved events/supplies for the entirety of the semester, as long as classes are held on campus. If conditions change and TCU extends online education past April 3, SGA will review the situation and communicate with additional updates on your funding.
- SGA is closing the application for funding until classes resume in-person.
We realize the above guidelines may not fit each and every situation. For help with your specific situation, please contact Pam Hughes or Kim Turner. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding during this unique situation.
Please note that dates in the tabs below have not been updated to reflect changes in the calendar related to COVID-19.